Small Business Insurance
A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) can protect your business from costly third-party liability lawsuits or damage to your business property.
As a small business owner myself, I have first hand knowledge and experience on the various challenges that you face. I recognized that every small business owner has unique risks and have different coverage needs. Our agency strives to deliver the highest and most sincere level of service—it’s how we do business.
What can a BOP provide coverage for?
Business Property Coverage
Property Insurance in a BOP policy helps protect your business’ building (if you own it) and the contents inside against covered perils. For example, if your building is damaged by fire, your coverage may help pay for repairs. Or, if your business’ furniture is stolen, your property coverage may help replace it.
Business Interruption Coverage
Business interruption insurance helps protect from your lost earnings in the event you cannot operate your business after a covered loss or if the loss causes a reduction in your earnings. This means if you lose income as a result of the loss, you can typically recoup those losses minus the expenses you would have paid anyway. So, if your merchandise was destroyed by a fire just before you shipped it out to customers, business interruption coverage may help you to get some of the related lost income back.
General Liability Coverage
If someone is injured at your business as a result of your negligence, general liability coverage may help pay for their medical expenses. It may also help pay for legal costs if you’re taken to court over an accident that occurred at your business.
BOP Coverage In Action!
- A pipe bursts and leaks all over a filing cabinet containing your critical documents. Many are damaged and others completely destroyed.
- Valuable Papers & Records covers you for damage or destruction of important documents used in your business.
- You get an e-mail from a trusted client. You open it unaware that it contains a virus.
- Electronic Data provides coverage for repairing and restoring data due to harmful code that damages or destroys any part of the computer system.
- A fire destroys the roof of your office and you cannot operate your business until repairs are made.
- Business Income & Extra Expense provides up to 12 months of coverage for loss of income and fixed expenses while the business is closed due to a covered loss. Extra Expense can help set you up at a temporary location during repairs.
- You are sued because somebody visiting your office trips on the carpet, falls and files an injury lawsuit.
- General Liability Protection provides coverage for injury to others at your premises and helps protect you from lawsuits brought against you.
- You handle a significant amount of your clients’ confidential personal and banking data. That information is lost or stolen.
- Data Compromise* provides case management, legal support, credit monitoring and legally required notifications.
With 36 unique BOP packages tailored to different business categories we can custom craft a plan for you.
The situations listed above are examples of typical coverages and are not intended to convey coverage relating to any specific loss or event. All claims for coverage are subject to applicable state and territory laws, policy terms, conditions and exclusions. This content is for informational purposes only and may not be applicable to all situations.